Pictures update / Actualización fotos

[19/12/06] → The latest pictures from Argentina and Chile on the way to Isla de Pascua/Easter Island
[24/11/06] → Loads of pictures from Argentina
[24/11/06] → Even more pictures from Brazil and Peru

lunes, diciembre 11, 2006

Pinochet is Finally Dead!

Hi everybody! I would lie if I didn't say that I am happy to be in Santiago de Chile in a day like this.

The General (R), as they called him, has died... and half of the people of this town is out to celebrate it. What do I see in people faces¿? Well, I wouldn't call it happines... I would call it relief. Somehow this old man (bastard¿?) had cause so much pain and terror, than even being 91 he was able to make people upset just with being alive.

I had to analize it and compare it to Spain recent history of which I know very little. I could imaging what the streets of Madrid should have looked when the other "horror maker" died the year before I was born. I was looking around me and tried to feel what this guys were feeling... and what my parents probably (surely) felt.

After I heard the news I found myself with Misato (she had never seen something like this... apparently in Japan are more... how can I say... selfcontroled¿?) in Baquedano square, where people met naturaly. People kept on arriving for hours non stop. It was a Carnival. Is it alright to celebrate the dead¿? I guess in some cases can be justified.

After a while, everybody started walking towards the "Palacio de la Moneda". The famous building where the coup d'etat images where taken. Where Allende was killed.

The pictures of faces of the disappeared where everywhere, red flags, blue flags, multicolour flags. And music. There were old people, babies, teens, families. High society and low society mixed together. Songs of revenge and songs of peace and love. Never seen such a mixture of people (even more than in Soho Square in sunny summer day). And they were all together to share this weird feeling of fear and hate, mixed with happines.

The thing hasn't finsihed yet... but it did for me when the lacrimogic bombs started flying and the water trucks decided to rally around the Palace getting everybody wet. This was not my past neither my story. Still it feels very good to be here and be able to show my anger against a criminal, at least on the day of his dead.

I was gonna tell about how nice Easter Island was... but I will do it some other time ;o) These news have capture my attention, and felt I wanted to share it with you. I know lots of you would like to be here as well. No pics... you'll see plenty in the papers. Trust me.

Hope you are keeping yourself in good shape... and that you are ready for the big meals that are ahead of you!

Besos, amor y república! ;oP No, en serio, lo más importante es que estéis todos estupendamente y que las Navidades se presenten con mucha animación. Un beso muy fuerte a todos... y prometo que el prox blog será un poco más divertido!

Ciao ciao,


Heiwa X

1 Comments:

Blogger GoNiS said...

Buen momento, bro, para estar en Santiago. Historico. Ten cuidado que aun queda mucho hijo de puta sueto. Salud y Republica!

lun dic 11, 10:23:00 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home