Pictures update / Actualización fotos

[19/12/06] → The latest pictures from Argentina and Chile on the way to Isla de Pascua/Easter Island
[24/11/06] → Loads of pictures from Argentina
[24/11/06] → Even more pictures from Brazil and Peru

jueves, noviembre 16, 2006

From South to North - From El Chaltén to Iguazú!

Night night from Iguazu!

Just a quick one to let you, gals and guys, know that I'm doing fine... and that the extremes landscapes of the extremes of this country, Argentina (for those who are a bit lost at this stage), are taking my breath away!


I am glad we got away of the standard visit to El Calafate and after a quick visit to the amazing Perito Moreno Glacier we headed to El Chalten.


Well... if I try to define how beautiful this place is I won't find the words, and the pics won't be online till Chiqui makes his way back to the old Continent. So all I can say is that the place is just incredible! Chiqui and I went on a long trek that got as into the Torres Glacier. We got to walk over the ice for more than 3 hours... and we even got to do ice climbing. All that with my super gear, i.e. the same shity white trainers full of holes that I wore when I flew off to HK on 12th Jan 2006... hehe


Never done it before... and hope is not the last, coz' the experience was great!!!

After that we flew to Iguazu with a quick stopover in BsAs of less than 16 hours... I feel like I am back in the "rushing mode" that I had in January!!!

Well... how to explain Iguazu. The place is beautiful. A unique place! It is just that it feels like a Theme Park for grown ups. People rushing everywhere. People pushing and fighting to get the picture that is in every single brochure... well, you know... one of those awesome places that make you feel: Another tick in the box! and there are thousands of people to make sure you don't forget it. They even catch our moment in their cameras... coz' it is imposible not to be in other peoples pictures. We did smile for them though :oP.

Today instead of doing the Brazilian (upsss!) side we decided to skip it and head to the jungle in an eco-tour. That was really fun... a bit of local culture and history, lots of bird watching and, of course, swimming and swimming in the river... Cant get better!

Tomorrow we are off to Misiones to see some stones (ruins), so Chiqui can complete the basic tour of a country: Big City, Nature and History. And then to BsAs for a family reunion before BigBro and Gemma fly back to Spain.

Following plans¿? ¿? ¿? As always... no plans!

Kisses for all the ladies... hugs for all the guys! Good night and sweet dreams (I honestly wish you they all come true)!

Ya saben... lo de siempre... cuidenseme mucho y sean muy felices! Ah... y no se olviden de soñar!

Ciao ciao,


Heiwa X